My kids love to cook/bake and I like to pick recipes that are relatively quick and easy. Usually I get all the ingredients ready before they come up to the kitchen bench but they were their and waiting with their aprons before me! Today we made muffins using passionfruit and white chocolate. It's an easy recipe and it requires minimal appliances and my kids really love to help pouring all the ingredients in the bowl. It's super fast and the best bit is they taste great! The recipe says it makes 12 muffins, but I had enough mixture to make another 12 mini muffins. So I think I'll be the letterbox fairy and drop some iced muffins off to some friends that live nearby. Here's the recipe...
(the munchkins hard at work...)
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
- 125g butter, melted, cooled
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup passionfruit pulp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups pure icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons passionfruit pulp
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a 12-hole 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan.
- Combine flour, sugar and chocolate in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk butter, milk, egg, passionfruit and vanilla in a jug. Pour into well. Gently fold until just combined. Three-quarter fill muffin holes with mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack.
- Make passionfruit icing: Stir icing sugar, water and passionfruit in a bowl until smooth. Spoon over muffins, allowing to drizzle down sides. Allow to set. Serve.
(the finished product - although i took this pic before i iced them...)