Monday, February 7
a fancy award!
A week or so ago the lovely Tamara from One Craftee Mumma awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award and I was tickled pink! So I thought what better way to celebrate this award than during a fashion post, linking up with stylish diva Kymmie with her Fancy Pants link up.....
And instead of detailing seven random things about me, I'll make them all "style" related.....so here goes.
1. I've always loved fashion and would make scrapbooks filled with outfits I loved, cut out from magazines - unfortunately due to no ability to draw, my attempt at fashion design was all but a dream.
2. I've learnt to know what suits my body shape - this can take some time (and it's ever evolving - kids will do that to you!). When so many stores are dictated what is fashionable (and then repeated in every store), it can be difficult, but I try to be true to my shape, and don't buy into the craze - instead opting for accessories.
3. And on that point, I think accessories make a great (and cheap) addition to any wardrobe. Be it a belt, cocktail ring, large hoops or thrifted scarf - you can turn any drab outfit into fab!
4. If you're not sure - take a photo! Of yourself that is - since doing these fashion posts on my blog, I've learnt sometimes the only way to really see what you look like is to snap a pic....
6. I plan on making more of my own clothes this year.
7. A bright coloured winter overcoat is on my wish list!!!
Now I have a duty to pass this Stylish Blogger award on - so here are a few blogs that are indeed - very stylish!
notes from holly st
Photos taken by; my 4 year old son!
Maxi Dress - from local dress shop
Cardigan - Portmans (because Melbourne had a typically cold day!)
Sandals - Target
Earrings - Diva
Sunglasses - Versace (my splurge from 6 years ago!)
Come and join in some fashionista fun here!