Tuesday, January 18

White Chocolate and Macadamia Slice



I very rarely plan what I am going to bake too far in advance.  Generally I flick through some recipe's, or knowing what I have in the pantry I brainstorm about what I can create and then hunt around to see if I have a recipe using those exact random ingredients.

The other day was one of those days - flick, flick flicking through a few recipe books.  Will i make ricotta and lime syryp cake - nope, no ricotta.  Will I make almond carrot cake - nope needed 5 eggs and i didn't have 5 eggs.  Then I found this one, do I have enough white chocolate, yes, and macadamia's - two packets in fact!....bingo!

White Chocolate and Macadamia Slice - Perfect!

Ingredients:
125grams butter, chopped coarsely
180grams white eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
1 cup of plain flour
1/2 cup self-raising flour
3/4 cup coarsly chopped roasted macadamia nuts
3/4 cup white chocolate bits
1 tablespoon icing sugar

1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees.  grease lamington pan and line with baking paper.
2. combine butter and chocolate in medium saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth; cool for 10 minutes and transfer to mixing bowl
3. Stir sugar, eggs, sifted flours, nuts and choc bits into the chocolate mixture. spread mixture into pan.  bake in the over for about 30 minutes or golden on top.  cool slice in the pan.  transfer to wire rack. dust with icing sugar.

It was so yummy and irrestible that I quickly dropped some in a friends letterbox and some to a friend who has just recently had a baby so I didn't eat it all!

Enjoy xx

4 comments:

  1. Drool! two of my favouite things, white chocolate & macadamia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks sooooo divine! Macadamias are my absolute favs!! Can't wait to try this :-)
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  3. this slice is delicious, I know this because of the little delivery i received and ate !! thanks hon you are the best :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by....I love knowing your thoughts and comments... xx