Friday, July 19

Sydney bound....



Yep...we're off on a family road trip next week.  Melbourne to Sydney....and we cannot wait! 

I'm busy planning how we can fill our days, what sights to see and also the usual organisation that goes with travelling with kids.  My kids are familiar with time on the road, however this will be our longest stint, although I do plan to break it up, stopping off and allowing the holiday begin before we reach our final destination.   I'll take the kids to Gundagai for the Dog on a Tuckerbox experience, and also the Big Marino somewhere on the way to Goulburn.   On the way home I hope to detour off the freeway and do the Grand Pacific Drive...Oh there is just so much I'm finding it's all to hard to choose! 

It's been over twenty years since I've been to sydney, so technically the last time I went I was the child being taken care of.  What to see and do?  I've got the classic opera house visit, harbour cruise (weather permitting) and a trip to a market planned but tell me...what should we do??  Where should we go??  Or better still, what should we avoid???  

Sydney here we come! 

xx



3 comments:

  1. Don;t forget the submarine in Holbrook :) I just did the drive with my daughter 2 weeks ago! Enjoy... We're having a wet weekend here in Sydney but there is always plenty to do :)

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is a super cool playground around darling harbour. Near the japanese gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do the drive (and a bit further) at least once a year to visit family. My three are five and under. Our stops vary, depending on naps (keep driving!), toilet requirements, coping/not coping, weather etc. We like Holbrook, too. Other good stops are Benalla botanic gardens, Wangaratta apex park and Goulburn (good park and play area in city centre).

    In Sydney, the zoo, Australian museum, powerhouse museum, aquarium, catching a ferry to watson's bay for fish and chips, or to the beach, play area at coogee...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by....I love knowing your thoughts and comments... xx