It's very obvious in the household that I go nuts for nuts! So when any occasion arises to bake, I will often sway heavily to a recipe that includes nuts, or that I can take artistic license to and add nuts. Luckily for me, none of my family members suffers from anaphylaxis, because then I don't what I would do!
These Anzac Cookies with added macadamia nuts are just divine, they add a little extra crunch without sacrificing that traditional taste we all know and love.
Bake them with some loved ones today!
1 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup desicated coconut
1 1/4 cups plain flour
2/3 cups brown sugar
1/3 cup water
2 tbsp golden syrup
1tsp bicarb soda
1 cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
2. mix the oats, coconut, flour, nuts and sugar together in a bowl.
3. Place butter, water and golden syrup in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and add the bicarb soda and stir as it becomes frothy (the kids loved watching this but just be careful of the hot pan!)
4. Pour mixture onto the dry ingredients and mix quickly.
5. Roll the mixture into small balls and place on the prepared trays, allowing some room for spreading. press down gently.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for approx 15-20 minutes or until golden but still soft.
Allow to cool and then transfer to a wire rack. Try and tempt yourself from eating them all straight away! Oh, don't listen to me, I ate six in one go, so go on, stuff youself silly!