I love it when a good recipe is shared. It travels around from person to person, family to family and now-a-days a lot end up on the internet and on blogs. I've made heaps of stuff I've found on blogs that not only look good, but get the approval from real people with real lives and great stuff to make with the kids.
This recipe is from one of my many cook books - In the Kitchen. This cook book is written by Allen Campion and Michele Curtis - a husband and wife team, with real children, real dinner table dilemma's and great recipe's to share. So I thought I'd share this one. Plus I was talking with a friend this morning and mentioned that I was making these lovely blueberry and coconut muffins this afternoon with my son (whilst my daughter has the luxury of napping!)
So here it is...
2/3 cup caster sugar
125ml coconut cream
1 & 1/3 cups of self-raising flour
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
icing sugar to serve
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
2. Beat the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until combined.
3. Stir through the coconut cream, followed by the flour and desiccated coconut.
4. Add most of the blueberries.
5. Spoon mixture into a prepared muffin tins with paper patty pans and top each muffin with the remaining blueberries.
Bake in oven for 20 or until risen and golden brown. Allow to cool and then dust them with icing sugar!
Now snap to it and check out more stuff fresh out of the creativity oven here....