It was a week of anticipation as our first born celebrated his seventh birthday*. The week started slow, mulling about the house the usual routine, warding off the dreaded winter lurgies. The Queens Birthday long weekend combined with a birthday is most often a long weekend affair. No doubt we packed our few possessions required and headed for our sanctuary. We lit a fire, I slapped together a cake and with some nibbles and a splattering of family, it was a celebration in style.
1. Two little friends cuddled up on a rainy day
2. Fairy dress her outfit of choice most days
3. Yes, I found a face on my orange
4. keeping warm around the fire.
5. I'll steal your beanie then ask for a piggy back uncle konny
6. Enjoying the view from his office window
7. Gumboots and shadows
8. Roof and blue sky
Linking up terribly late with the lovely Em @ The shack
Does the long weekend through you out? or is it just me?
*birthday post to come