Thursday, February 24

my creative space...{superhero status}


Along with promising to make more of my own clothes this year, I've also made a little pact to make the kids more costumes for dress ups.  I think I got slack in this department because my son was never really into ever "dressing up" when younger, but now that his wee little sister likes to change outfits 4 or 5 times a day, I've realised that this is one area that I could contribute to quite easily.




So when a friend asked for some capes for her kids, I thought it would a good start to whip up four instead of just two.  I made them reversible - a bright bold colour and a contrasting pattern.




So now, my little superheros can fly around the back yard or spin around with delight.   It's also given me a little idea I'm working on for my next market.




For more super dooper creations - head over here! 

10 comments:

  1. Your two little ones look very super in their new capes. What a super Mum they have to sew up such cute dress ups. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on more home-made superhero and dress up costumes, Bren! The world needs more!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ar so clever! I am sure that if Master N had one of these I would find him trying to jump off the balcony!
    Happy Thursday xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our 8yo son still loves to dress up and imagine himself in far away lands.
    Love the capes you have made :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great. Very crafty of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like they were highly appreciated. I love them!! Wish I had a fence like yours - comes up so goo din pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mummy made me a super hero cape when i was about 4 & it was fantastic, until i leap out of a tree & she found me hanging - clearly things worked out but i'm sure i terrified her!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these, and I can see your kids do too! I've never visited your site before, but I am now!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous. Your kids look like they really enjoyed your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look like they're having a whale of a time in their gorgeous Mumma made capes. I agree with Bron, the world needs a few more super heros...and what snazzy ones they would make :) x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by....I love knowing your thoughts and comments... xx