Wednesday, February 16

almond toffee slice


I got right into the baking these holidays.  This is one we made a while ago, but was one of my favourites, so thought i would share the recipe.  It has been oodles of fun picking a recipe - getting the kids to help out.  My son has cracking the eggs down pat, whilst my daughter is definitley the taste tester - licking the spoon is essential!!!  This recipe, is quick and easy so make it after breakfast and it'll be ready for morning tea!  It's got a lovely soft base, and irresistible toffee top...hmmmm yum!



Ingredients;
60g soft butter
1 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp plain flour
90g butter, additional
1/2 cup caster sugar, additional
2/3 cup flaked almonds


1. preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. cream butter, ground almonds and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and flour and beat well until combined.  Spoon into greased and lined slice tin.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.
3. Place additional butter and sugar in a smal saucepan.  Bring to the boil over medium-high heat and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the sugar starts to caramalise, stiring often.  Don't worry if at any stage, it looks as if you have made a big white, pasty blob - it will gradually darken and become smooth.
4. Remove from the heat, add flaked almonds and pour and spread evenly over the base. Set aside to cool before cutting into squares.


Perfect with your morning cuppa
xx

5 comments:

  1. My smile goes from ear to ear when I see you have posted a recipe..the bread and lemon tart were spot on, so guess what we will be baking this week? Yep, your almond toffee slice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Blogland...how do I love thee...let me count the ways!!! I wanted to make a little slice (easy peasy recipe) to take to my quilt class tonight (Yes, my dear, I didn't think I could wing this particular craft and what with a big girl bed coming what was I to do!). And here on my blogging besties post was just that recipe. It was simple to make and tastes a dream. Might not be too much left to take :) Hope life is lovely as ever for you today. :) x x
    P.S. Bed was from ebay...heaps going round and mostly down your neck of the woods

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this looks so scrummy! I'm going to add it to my 'things to bake' right now. And such a drawcard when you say it can be made right after breakfast but be ready to go with your morning cuppa. SOLD! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, what a sweet delicious looking treat. I have a sweet treat linky party on my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link your bars up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by....I love knowing your thoughts and comments... xx