Wednesday, May 29

mr wolf







I'm a big fan of kids games...the old kind.  The kind I used to play when I was a kid.  Before computers and dvd's and video games took over.  Ok, I do happen to remember my brother and I really pinning for a nintendo game boy at one stage...everyone seemed to have one except us...but we never got one.

Last weekend whilst at the country soccer match my kids and nieces were running free in the fresh air and grass fields.  They stopped to play and impromptu game of "What's The Time Mr Wolf" and I watched and clicked away joyous at their wonderment.

At half time, a spectator not far from me, walked over to me and as I smiled he stopped, looked at me and said..."what a wonderful thing to see...young children still playing real games...no apps, no screens, just fun and giggles...I can't wait to go home and tell my wife, she will love it!  Our son used to play this game...I thought it was all but forgotten."

Fun and giggles....needless to say...I giggled.  What old school games do your kids love to play?

xx





3 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw the title, I thought to myself, "What's the time, Mr Wolf?" And there you were, playing it! We love old fashioned games here too. They're the best kind. Madison received a game of Chinese Checkers from Grandma and Grandpa for his birthday last week, and LOVES it! Bring back the time when kids use to interact together!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you play Red Light, Green Light?? Just like Mr Wolf, the child who is 'in' stands with their back against the group against a door or tree...the other kids sneak up from behind (with the aim to reach the 'in' person and tap them on the shoulder). When the person 'in' turns around all the sneaking kids have to freeze...or they get sent back to the start. I don't know if I've explained it very well!? I loved playing this when I was in prinary school!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by....I love knowing your thoughts and comments... xx