Friday, April 1

munchy muslie slice







We made this the other day - after a session with playdough didn't quite go according to plan and everyone in the house needed to calm down.  Yes, there were tears, and shouting and bit too much threatening on my behalf, so I did what I like to do when I need to regroup - I bake.

So this muslie munchie slice got my kids up at the kitchen bench, pouring out ingredients, eating ingredients straight from the bowl and packet and then making a mess with flour and giggling merrily - ahhh much better!

Here is what you need....

1/2 cup caster sugar
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup shredding coconut (I used discatted coz that what I had)
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup sultanas
1/2 cup raisins (or you could use cranberries like I did)
1/2 cup of dates or apricots
1/3 cup of sunflower/pumpkin seeds (either or both)
125g butter
2tbsp water
60g honey
1 egg

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees

Mix together the sugar, flour, coconut, oats, dried fruits and seeds.
Melt butter, water and honey together and pour over the combined ingredients whilst still hot. Stir well until mixture comes together, then add the egg.
Spoon mixture into a lined lamington tin and bake for 30-40 minutes or until set and golden on top.

Allow to cool before cutting into slices.

A few slices were packaged up and shared amoungst friends who gave it their nod of approval! Great for morning or afternoon tea...
xx

4 comments:

  1. I make a mean muesli slice too. By 'mean' I'm talking fabbo, not stingy, or grumpy... oh, you know what I mean. As if I'd be making a grumpy muesli slice forgodsake!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I had in mind for lunches next week :)
    I can never pass up any of your recipes, the ones I have tried to date have not disappointed.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it just so happens that I've been looking for the perfect muesli slice recipe. And low and behold, you know exactly what I was thinking! Thanks for sharing Brenda!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by....I love knowing your thoughts and comments... xx