Tuesday, October 12

Thai prawn and asparagus curry

Ok, so I was going to make a prawn salad for dinner last night - however I thought I'd spice things up a bit so I made a curry instead! I love prawns and my husband loves a good hot curry (although i didn't make it too hot!)

It's simple and quick which is just what I love for a mid-week meal.  Finally I am joining in with Emma's Easy Peasy weekday dinners which I have been meaning to do for ages - mostly because I forget to take a picture!  but not last night!




Ingredients
1 400ml can of coconut milk
1 tbsp yellow curry paste (or you can use red or green) and you can vary how much you want to use!
2 tbsp fish sauce
400gms green (raw) peeled prawns
150g asparagus trimmed and cut
half zucchini, diced
half cup of coriander leaves
steamed rice

Place half the coconut milk into a heavy based saucepan and cook over a medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until it starts to separate.  Add the curry paste and cook for 5 minutes stirring until fragrant. Add the fish sauce and the rest of the coconut milk.  Bring liquid to the boil then reduce and simmer for around 8 minutes.

Add the asparagus, zucchini and prawns and return to the boil, then reduce once more and simmer for a couple of minutes until the prawns turn pink and are cooked.

Add coriander and serve with steamed rice!

Enjoy with a lovely glass of wine ;-)
xx

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in Brenda - and it sure looks like a winner! My husband would absolutely LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a curry and this one looks yummy!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yumbo!!! Darren is allergic to shell fish so there won't be any of this loveliness in our kitchen I'm afraid. I'll just have to pop in and you can whip it up for me. Hope all is wonderful in your world :)x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by....I love knowing your thoughts and comments... xx