Saturday, May 8

A recipe for all mothers...

I stumbled across this poem and thought it just too beautiful not to share and very fitting that after all, tomorrow is Mother's Day!  To all you mummy bloggers out there - Happy Mothers Day! I love being a stay at home mummy to my beautiful children and I enjoy hearing and reading all the trials and tribulations, excitements, highs and lows that you all experience.

I truly hope that you get spoilt by your children..xx

A recipe for all mothers

Today I left some dishes dirty;
The bed I made at 3.30
The nappies soaked a little longer
The odour grew a little stronger.
The crumbs I spilt the day before
Are staring at me at the floor.
The fingerprints, there on the wall
Will likely still be there, next fall. 
The dirty streaks on the window pains
Will still be there next time it rains. 
"shame on you old lazy bones," I say
"And just what have you done, today?"

I nursed a baby till he slept.
I held a toddler while she wept.
I played a game of hide and seek
I squeezed a toy, so it would squeak.
I pulled a wagon, sang a song, 
Taught a child right from wrong.
What did I do this whole day through?
Not much that shows, I guess it's true...
Unless you think that what I've done
Might be important to a little one
With bright blue eyes or soft brown hair
If that is true, I've done my share. 

Joanne Green

And just incase that didn't bring a tear to your eye....this was my early Mother's Day gift from my son that all the mum's were given at a special afternoon tea at his Kinder....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by....I love knowing your thoughts and comments... xx