Thursday, April 15

my creative space...

Today my creative space finds me in the kitchen.  Yesterday a good friend off-loaded a huge bag of freshly picked green olives and last night I called my mother-in-law (who comes from southern Italy) and knows about how to preserve fresh produce. The process of turning fresh picked green olives into edible marinated table olives will take eight days.  So day one is - smashing all the green olives (omit any black olives) to create an opening as in the latter stages it will be easier to remove the pip and cover with  cold water which i will have to change twice a day for four days!

Take a look how divine the olives look!

Head over to kootoyoo to see the creative space of others! 

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I have always been a sucker for olives. It's the Italian in me. My 19 month old loves them too! xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. How wonderful to be able to do all this yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun! Love to hear the other steps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, sounds great, I have never tried doing this myself before! Hope you enjoyed them

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by....I love knowing your thoughts and comments... xx