Sunday, July 15

Read, reading, next





Whilst reading one of my lasted books, I realised, that even when I wasn't reading it, I was thinking about it....the topics were real, it wasn't fantasy...it could happen in real life, to me or anyone I know.  I wonder, does this happen to you?  Do you read a book and find yourself transported to that place, that moment, and think "what would I do" - "how would I react"? Or mulling over the end after you've finished?  It's probably one of the biggest compliments to an author who writes novels like this.  The power to infiltrate our minds after the book has been put back on the shelf. Perhaps that the motivation they write in the first place....I don't know...but it is the sign of a good read.

So what's been on my reading list.

I've read Me Before You- Jojo Moyes - A love story with tragedy, heartache, gut wrenching "what would I do" scenarios and characters that you love, and some you love to hate. 

Reading...The Lucky One - Nicholas Sparks.  I picked this one up for $3 at a country community book shop.  I knew the movie was coming out soon and thought it would be good to read the book first.  Logan is an interesting character and its quite easy to be drawn into this book and see what unfolds on his discovery to find the woman in a photograph he found whilst on his tour of duty in the marines.  A photo that he believes kept him alive.  After reading many of Sparks' books I'm preempting some twists, turns and romance.

Next - All that I am -Anna Funder.  Set in war torn Germany when Hitler reined, this story is about survival, love, betrayal and friendship. 


What's on your reading list?  Do immerse yourself in a book??

xx

3 comments:

  1. The last fiction I read was Twilight, simply because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I stopped reading fiction because I really do immerse myself in it and the story just envelops me, taking control of my mind! So, in order to stick with reality, fiction and I broke up. I miss it somedays... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just finished reading Gone Girl (Gillian Flynn I think is the author) which was really good. Makes me think that the silent treatment I've bene dishing out to my husband for the past few days is nothing compared to what the husband and wife dish out to each other in that book!!!

    Also read anything by Paulina Simmons -Tully, The Bronze Horseman.

    Joy Dettman is another author I have read a lot of too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading is something that I have always LOVED! But in the last few.... probably 5... years I have rarely done it. I go straight to sleep if i read in the evening and just end up reading the same page over and over, or worse still, I get so engrossed that nothing will stop me and everything gets neglected! I was in hospital for three days recently and i read two books from cover to cover and it was absolute heaven!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by....I love knowing your thoughts and comments... xx