Ok, so I was catching up with my bestie last night. Just chill-axing on her couch. her baby asleep. My kids back at home asleep in their beds thanks to their Dad.
It was lovely just to talk uninterupted (oh hang on - only to stop to put chocolate bullets in my mouth) and still I attempted to chew and talk at the same time.
We talked in super-sonic speed.
We listened. Empathised. Congratulated each on small achievements. And spoke of things to come.
Somehow a questions was pondered with great enthusiasm and I have been thinking about it all day....
"What would you do if you had a day off from your life?"
Yep, no work, no kids, no responsibilities, no chores or deadlines. What. Would. You. Do?
To be honest, this questions just seemed so bizzare and overwhelming that I sat in silence unable to even think of one thing. But, then they just started pouring out.....
so in no particular order....
1. Sleep in
2. Find a cute cafe and endulge in a full breaky, coffee, a mag (or maybe a friend) and just.....linger.....
3. Go shopping perhaps somewhere i've not been before. Or just try and find some undiscovered Op Shops around the town...
4. Finally use my membership at the Melbourne State Library. And just sit there and read for a while.
5. Take a walk somewhere gorgeous to snap some pictures
6. Get a pedicure
7. Empty out my entire sewing room and rearrange Every Thing!
8. Sew, sew, sew and do more sewing.
9. See a play
10. Restore some old furniture
Ok, I think I could go on, but considering this is only one day I think I have more than enough!
So, what would you do?