Thursday, June 23

scrappity scraps {my creative space}




Ok, so I mentioned before how I seem to have accumilated a vast amount of fabric scraps.  I'm just not one to ditch them - "surely I can use them for something" I'd say, before filling yet another bag, or basket, or even corner of the small sewing space, I'm conviced was the cloak room of my 1930's house.



The day came, when I could bare it no longer.  "find something to do with them or else" I threatened myself.  Which seems a little drastic really (and odd - I hope I'm not the only one that talks to ones self!)



Anyhoo - that pressure was just what I needed.  A plan to make something pretty out of my scraps....





So, lo and behold here are what I came up with!



Some cute headbands....





Some fabric bunting cards.....






And some emboirdery hoop art work....






Some of these creations were planned to attend the Sugar and Spice market with me, but alas, I couldn't make it, so when I get a smidgen of time, I might add them to my store.

So I'm pleased to say the above projects were all made with scraps.  And what about the scraps from the scraps I hear you ask! straight in the bin, I'm glad to report!

now head here for more creative spaces

xx

19 comments:

  1. devine ... I've love fabric art hanging in embroidery hoops. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite are the mini bunting cards! Such a good idea for fabric scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great ideas for fabric scraps here!
    So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever! Three different projects from scraps... and all of them beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic way to use up scraps...I have a suitcase fill waiting for inspiration, which I think I found here :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever! They all look gorgeous. I threw out a bag of scraps before we moved (actually I was going to donate them to the art teacher at the local primary school but I couldn't wait for a response, two days later after I had called and just ditched them. I know, impatient!).
    Oh and in your other post about a skirt from elle apparell - I want to do her pinwheel skirt! Too many things on the list and not enough time or motivation. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just awesome! Amazing how scrap can turn up wonderful in your home!Well done :)
    Sandrine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of it! The emboirdery hoops are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's a great use of scraps. Love those little bunting cards. and the embroidery hoop pieces are wonderful too. Have a good day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brenda I don't know why I'm always amazed by what you create I should know by now you are capable of anything you put your mind to. What a great use of scraps recycling at it's best! Love the purple elephant and the headbands, oh and of course the georgous model.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brenda I should no longer be amazed by what you create as you are capable of anything you put your mind to. What a fabulous use of what most would call rubbish. Love the purple elephants and the headbands (and of course the georgous model)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever. I love the hoop art!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You have been so busy! I love the bunting cards! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm feeling so inspired right now. I'm in the middle of taking a break ("procrastinating"), from clearing out our bedroom and the study/craft/sewing room was next. I'm so inspired by your ideas and I guess this proves that it's always a great idea to have a break :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful way to recycle your scraps - might have to make some embroidery hoop pictures myself!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous Brenda and an amazing bunch of ideas of how to use scrap pieces.
    Have a lovely weekend :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have done a great job with the use of scraps...I think I will take some inspiration from you and tackle my scraps bags.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Who would think any of those were scraps? You're just amazingly clever. I have complete adoration for your skill/gift of sewing. But now I know you're super thrifty, the bar has even gone higher. And just when I thought it couldn't possibly go up any further...

    (But glad to hear you didn't keep the scraps of those scraps!) There is a limit ;) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by....I love knowing your thoughts and comments... xx