Monday, October 29

Almond Apple Cream Cheese Cake










  • It doesn't take much to motivate me to bake.  I found a packet of Philadelphia cream cheese in the fridge the other day, picked it up and was determined to transform it into something delicious.  Well, this cake is delicious.  It's part cheesecake part apple tea cake...a combination that just hits all the right tastesbuds!  You serve it chilled, so it's a great cake to make in advance, pop it in the fridge for 2-3 hours and wow your family, friends or dinner guests with this beauty.  Those toasted nuts on top just scream decadence

Here is what you'll need... 

  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine
  • 1 cup caster sugar
  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 1  250g pkg. Philadelphia Cream Cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 2 apples peeled and sliced 
  • 1/4 cup slivered Almonds

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 200C.
  2. Beat butter and 1/3 cup sugar in small bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour; mix well. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan.
  3. Beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup of the remaining sugar in same bowl with mixer until well blended. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Spread onto bottom of crust. Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon. Add to the sliced apples in large bowl; toss to coat. Arrange over cream cheese layer in a nice even pattern; top with nuts. Bake 10 min at 200C.
  4. Reduce temperature to 180C and bake cake 25 min or until center is set. Cool completely. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen the edges. Remove rim. Refrigerate for 3 hours.

    Enjoy!
    xx

11 comments:

  1. that looks gorgeous- I haven't seen a more attractive looking cake in quite a while! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Mouth watering right now - I Love anything with cream cheese in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That looks so delicious! You know I'll be printing it out AND pinning this!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like the last two commenters, the first words into my head were 'oh my!' also! That looks amaaaaaazing and like nothing I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy yum yum yuuuuuuum! Can you adopt me pleeeease:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks awesome and have to say your pics are amazing Brenda!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you kidding me?! I am making this baby!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any left? That looks delish Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always make the most divine cakes lovely girl! If only I could pop in and sample some. Hope you're having a lovely day :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yum! I am bookmarking this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by....I love knowing your thoughts and comments... xx